Sunday, March 31, 2019

Leader path, Part I


Dr. Coyey describes the four roles of leadership as modeling, Pathfinding, alignment and empowerment. The fundamental role of a leader is to provide a good example for others to follow or to act as a role model. It involves showing credibility, integrity, diligence, humility, spirit of leadership and support to others. I believe the ultimate test of an effective leader is the ability of creating a path for an equally successfully leader. One is never successful unless he or she has a successful successor. Throughout my life, I have encountered situations in which I have acted as a role model. For example, I act as a role model to my younger siblings in relation to pursuing education. Having known the importance of pursuing education, I have been a good example to those who are younger than me by working hard and proving self-improvement and continuous education is critical in life. Secondly, I mentor younger people on the need to adopt positive lifestyles and to face the world with determination and enthusiasm. I mentor these people about the benefits of avoiding risky behaviors, adopting healthy lifestyles and setting personal goals. In order to demonstrate a good example, I commit to healthy behaviors such as going to the gym and participating in physical activities with some of my friends. Role modeling requires one not only to provide the necessary example, but also to mentor and instill positivity. It requires one to acknowledge differences and to respect diversity. One has to see everyone as having unique abilities and weaknesses.

The second fundamental function of leadership is Pathfinding. Pathfinding involves finding the vision and deciding the mission and values to drive the mission. I aspire to be a responsible family person and citizen who contribute positively to the advancement of justice, equitable and a successful society. My mission in life is to bring up a responsible family that is build on strong virtues and values and that is stable. In addition, I strive to ensure I contribute to making the society equal by advocating the rights of the downtrodden, the weak, the vulnerable and those in need of my support. That is why I commit myself to charity and volunteer work. I strive for a justice society by respecting the rights of others and working to ensure I live in harmony with my neighbors and promoting peaceful co-existence between different people. I will strive to learn, for it is through continuous learning that one growth and growth is the key to living a positive and fulfilling life. I will strive to understand, for it through understanding that one gains knowledge and find value. Value is the basis for respecting diversity, making decision and taking actions. My life journey to self-actualization is guided by hard work, determination, optimism, respect for self and others, appreciation of diversity, being responsible for my actions and seeking knowledge. Success in life and education require determination sacrifice and hard work. AS such, I ensure my efforts and resources are directed toward achieving high academic qualification and improving my worth as an individual. One can only be able to bring up a stable family when there is a strong foundation of resources and prospectus successes in future. I strive to ensure I build a strong foundation for the family not only through material provision but also through strong morals and good behaviors.
I always listen and observe others to gain understanding of their needs and their desires. I maintain an open mind and respect our diversity which enables me to view weaknesses and strengths of different people. However, I first acknowledge my weaknesses and work to improve on them as I strive to help others improve their status. I believe listening is the best competence of any leader. A leader who listens and expresses the humility of listening to everyone including subordinates is able to understand the needs and grievances of his or her subjects. As stated in my life mission, I seek to understand and one cannot understand without listening and being receptive to inputs from others. For example, while making family decisions I listen to all the people who will be affected by the decision. I communicate adequate on the intent of every decision and often involves everyone in making the final decision.
I attempt to meet the needs and desires of others by being there for those who need my assistance and striving to make the society better and accommodative to all. I am a devote charity person and I believe in sharing and assisting those who are I need. I provide a platform for others to succeed in life by supporting their goals and mentoring them. For example, after the recent cyclone that hit Vanuatu, I donated through the International Medical Corps appeal for donation. I believe no matter how insignificant my contribution is, with unity, collaboration and determination we can help each other overcome difficulties and succeed.

Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at MeldaResearch.Com in pre written college essays. If you need a similar paper you can place your order from pay someone to write my research paper services.

No comments:

Post a Comment